This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

What should I do if my passport is lost or stolen?

To report the theft or loss of passport to the Italian Authority, the national can go to the Consulate without an appointment on Fridays from 10 am to 11 am with the following documents:

  • the report of theft or loss of passport made at the local competent Police Authority;
  • This completed form (Application Form);
  • Copy of the lost passport or other identity document.

To the national temporarily in this district, the Consulate may issue an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) valid for one trip to Italy, or the Country of permanent residence. Click here for the list of documents needed for the issuance of the ETD.