SCHENGEN BUSINESS VISA REQUIREMENTS
All documents must be presented in original and photocopy (included photocopy of passport and relevant pages, green card, driving license, I-20, Advanced Parole etc.)
Applicants should provide:
1. Schengen Visa application form duly filled in and signed at the Consulate. The applicant must appear in person;
2. Recent passport-style photo (3,5 cm x 4,5 cm or 1”3/8 x 1”3/4, full front and white background);
3. Passport (and copy of relevant pages) or travel document valid three months over the planned stay in Italy. The passport will be kept and returned with the visa, if approved.
For non US citizens: Alien Registration Card or a valid US INS visa and letter from US government letters i.e. Advanced Parole, IAP66, I20 and copies (any visa except B1-B2);
Moreover for non-US citizens proof of residence such as driving license or State Income tax.
4. Return-trip booking or ticket;
5. Local letter demostrating status as financial-commercial operators: letters in original from the appliant’s company in USA specifyng the reasons the applicant is expected in Italy, position held by the applicant, dates of trip and duration of stay as well as declaration of financial responsibility.
For self-employed applicants: copy of Certificate of incorporation, business income taxes return, business bank statments;
6. letter of invitation from Italian company (in original, on letterhead). The person signing the letter should also include a copy of ID Card/passport;
7. Business license of Italian company
8. Italian hotel reservation, not compulsory if indicated in the invitation letter
9. Proof of economic means of support, as per Ministry of Interior Directive 1.3.2000. Last three months bank statements: the most recent full statements which include bearers name, address and financial history;
10. Proof of medical insurance covering the entire period of stay in Italy. US health insurances are accepted only with letters from the insurance provider confirming overseas coverage. Health insurance with a minimum coverage of €30,000 for emergency hospital and repatriation expenses.
This consular administration has full authority to evaluate and request additional documentation, if deemed necessary, in addition to what is submitted. Furthermore, the applicant is hereby informed that submitting all required documentation does NOT guarantee the issuance of any particular visa.
Note that incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
Please note that your application will be rejected if you are missing the following documents:
– Flight reservations
– Official business invitation from Italy