This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.


Italian tourists who lost their documents and money or have been robbed can contact the Social Services Office and aske for a loan and the travel documents required to return to Italy (issued by the Passport Office). These loans for Italian citizens can only be granted, provided that the citizen presented a complaint to the local police of the loss or theft. The loan may not exceed the limit set by ministerial regulations. Once back in Italy, the Italian citizens must pay the loan back to the Treasury.