Italian associations abroad have always represented a wealth of invaluable tradition, culture and innovation.
Italian associations operating in the Tristate area may send registration requests to the Consulate General of Italy in New York (email@example.com).
According to current regulations, to register and / or update existing information, associations must comply with the following:
- numerical criteria – minimum membership: each association must have no less than 25 members (Italian citizens resident abroad in this consular jurisdiction, and registered with this Consular Registry), if consular jurisdictions have less than 100,000 registered individuals.
- Operational criteria: each association must prove that it is carrying out concrete activities in the interest of the community and of the members it represents, in conformity with the objectives set out in its Statute.
Registration requests must include the following:
- exact designation of the Association, and complete address (to include an email address, if available, and telephone numbers);
- the date when it was founded and, if applicable, registered with local authorities;
- main objectives (in accordance with its Statute). Any objective which is not forbidden to individuals by criminal law is accepted (art. 18 of the Constitution of the Italian Republic).
- Capital share;
- Names of legal representatives and of the association’s officers;
- List of names of members;
- Number of members present during the last meeting;
- Activities undertaken in the last year, and date when they were held.
Requests must be supported by all of the necessary documentation that will prove that these requirements have been met (for verification on the part of the Consulate) including a copy of the Statute which will be kept on file at the Consulate.